HECAS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Click on the GUIDELINE link for step instruction on registration and filling in HECAS online form.
- Make sure you are using DST Mobile line.
- For non-DST subscribers, click on the GUIDELINES link and select NON-DST SUBSCRIBER GUIDELINE.
- For DST Prepaid Subscriber, make sure you have sufficient credit before registration.
- Make sure you have followed the step by step instructions given in GUIDELINES link.
- Make sure to send a NEW SMS to 38855 to confirm on progamme charges by typing
hecas yes <IC No>
Do not reply the message you received from 38855 once you have submitted your password. Make sure you send a NEW SMS to 38855 to confirm on programme charges by typing
hecas yes <IC No>
Make sure there is no typing error in entering number or alphabet:
Make sure you have followed the step by step instruction in GUIDELINES link and double check on your SMS Text. Make sure there is no type error.
- You need to disable or temporarily allow the pop up blocker in your web browser. Click on the GUIDELINES link and follow the instructions given in STEP 4 - HECAS ONLINE FORM (Section B - Academic Achievement).
- Change your web browser to either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. So far applicants who use these two web browsers have no problem entering their academic achievements.
Click on the GUIDELINES link and follow instructions given in STEP 8 - REQUEST FOR RESEND OF PASSWORD.
Click on the GUIDELINES link and follow instruction in STEP 7 - REQUEST FOR RESEND OF TRACKING NUMBER.
Yes, you can actually remove choices at SECTION C by clicking the Remove Preference button. However, once a programme choice is removed, you will lose that slot and the fee is non-refundable.
Click on the GUIDELINES link and follow instructions given in STEP 6 - ADD PROGRAMME PRIOR TO FINAL SUBMISSION.
Before the closing date, applicants can always login and edit their information as long as they have not clicked the Submit Application button of their HECAS online form.
Yes, during the same year there will be a second round. Applicants can request to retrieve their 1st Round HECAS online form at a cost of B$5 by sending a SMS request to 38855 by typing
hecas yes <IC No>
Applicants can then update their information and academic achievements.
No. HECAS only accept applications of those who had completed their study as their academic achievements have to be certified by the last school attended. However Upper Sixth students taking their June 'A' Level examinations are allowed to use their predicted 'A' Level results to apply our local universities (UBD, UNISSA, UTB) and overseas scholarship. They will receive a Conditional Offer upon meeting the entry requirement set by institution concerned.
No. GCE 'AS' Level is not considered as GCE 'A' Level.
The number of sittings for 'A' Level qualification varies across institutions. For more information on related issues, applications can check the Entry Requirements link.
Applicants who wish to apply for overseas scholarship MUST also apply for at least ONE programme offered by local higher education institutions.
Make sure the color of your IC number has been entered in SECTION A.
The programmes offered in HECAS are decided by the institution concerned. The programme offered during the 1st Round and 2nd Round may vary. Please refer to the HECAS portal for current programmes offered by local higher education institutions or Scholarship Section, Ministry of Education.
Once all the three Sections in the Application Checklist on the First Page have been ticked, you can click and Submit Application button to submit your HECAS online form. It is the responsibility of every applicant to make sure all informations are entered are accurate and complete before submitting.
- Applicant is advice to keep their Tracking Number and Password.
- Make sure you enter the correct Password.
- Click on the GUIDELINES link and follow instructions given in STEP 8 - REQUEST FOR RESEND OF PASWORD.
No, your HECAS application will be considered as void. Higher education institutions and Scholarship Section of Ministry of Education Brunei Darussalam reserve the right to REJECT applications which are incomplete, contained false information or received after the 3rd working day of HECAS closing date.
The application fee is non-refundable unless proven to be technical faults. This includes removal of programme choices by applicants.
No. For more information on related issues, applicants can refer to the HECAS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
No. HECAS is only opened for holders of valid Negara Brunei Darussalam identify cards (yellow, red and green IC). For more information on related issues, applicants can refer to the HECAS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.